Monday, May 31, 2010

Recess Mini Quilt


Recess Mini Quilt, originally uploaded by myittybittyquilts.

Happy Memorial Day! And a huge thanks to all those who have faithfully served our country in the armed forces. Most of you are volunteers, some of you were drafted, but you all gave of your time and energy to make our country a GREAT place to live!

I was really going to sleep in this morning, but my puppy and my bladder had different ideas! Anyway, it's so nice to be up before the crew and enjoy a few peaceful moments before I need to be making my potato salad and apple pie :)

Above is my most recent finished project. I have a spot at the end of my hallway that has displayed seasonal quilts. The problem is, I only have a fall and winter one that fits. The empty space was bothering me so I picked up this Shnibbles pattern (LIttle Bit O' Country, I believe) and found some leftover Recess charm squares and went to work! It was a quick, fun project to do and I couldn't be happier with the brightness it adds to the hall!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

this is so so cute!!! i love it

Vicki said...

So cute! I love Recess :)

Dolly said...

Nice quilt !

I like it when an empty spots tells me what it wants.......takes me off of my 'random' path for a change !

Anonymous said...

those fabrics are perfect for that pattern... i LOVE it!