Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Weekender


My Weekender, originally uploaded by myittybittyquilts.

My favorite sister came up for the weekend a few weeks ago and she, my mom and I worked on the Amy Butler Weekender Bag. I had heard scary things about the pattern and so we thought we'd work on it together and then if we got frustrated, we could ask for help and most importantly, the bag wouldn't be tossed into the UFO pile :) Sister and Mom are both excellent seamstresses and we had a ball working on this.
Well, for the most part. It was just plain HARD to sew around and through all the layers of fabric and interfacing at times. I was pretty thrilled with the results, though.
Fabric is a birthday gift from said sister and it's Ikea home dec.

3 comments:

Des said...

Wow! Great job. My hat's off to you. I've made amy's purses before but that weekender, I didn't even want to attempt so good for you!!

Your other quilts are so cute too!

Kelli said...

I waited a LONG time before trying this AND I saved it for a group sewing weekend. I think that made all the difference :)

Autumn said...

I came to see a quilt, but WOW I love this bag. ROCK ON! Nice job.