Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fall Doll Quilt Swap


FallDollQuiltSwap, originally uploaded by myittybittyquilts.

I know, I know, I have shown A LOT of doll quilts lately! I've had a few swaps that I've needed to finish up, so that's what I've been busy sewing! This one is for a doll quilt swap at www.sewingmamas.com. I had seen a quilt similar to this on flickr quite a while ago and was itching to make something like it!
Just simple log cabin blocks framed in chocolate brown set in a taupe linen-look fabric. The taupe is super soft and I wish I could have bought the entire bolt of the stuff! Bound in one of my current favorite fabrics, chocolate dots on red from MoMo's Wonderland.
I quilted a swirl in each log cabin then finished it up with some organic straight line quilting.

3 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very nice - I love it!

Leslie said...

i love the dark frame around them...really makes them stand out so nicely

Sand and Sunshine said...

I like the offset look on these.

I wish I could always have bolts of the stuff. Sort of like yarn stores that will hold on to the dye lot for you incase you need/want more.

Just a few moments ago I was going through my stash and found a fabric I only bought half a yard of, and I shared half of it in a swap. Of course now I'd love about 6 yards for a quilt.