Thursday, April 8, 2010


I have been in a bit of a sewing slump, therefore a blogging slump. I did need to get a few things done, though, so today I set aside the time to get re-acquainted with my sewing machine. My aunt picked up these vintage blocks at a flea market somewhere. I think she even got them for free. She found sashing and border fabric and pieced the top, then asked me to quilt it. I mulled around a LOT of ideas. Researched how quilts from the 60's era would have been quilted. I realized that this quilt very well could have been tied. I knew I wasn't going that direction, so I began to think of doing the Baptist Fan pattern, or maybe Clamshell, then I thought of cross-hatch quilting. I hadn't done any of these on a quilt larger than a doll sized, so they all were a bit intimidating! I finally decided that my good 'ol stipple would work swimmingly on this quilt and as soon as I made the decision, my mind was free to get to work on it. I'm pretty pleased with the results and now I have a little extra cash for the trip to Paducah!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

What a pretty quilt, and to think it cost to little to make, kudos to your relative, I'm certain it will be wonderful when it's done.