Saturday, September 25, 2010

Back to School I Spy


Back to School I Spy, originally uploaded by myittybittyquilts.

My youngest went off to Kindergarten this year. I'm caught somewhere between *sniff* and Yay! Well, anyway, each child needed a nap mat. The teacher sent home a note saying that they could simply bring a towel for a mat, but there was no way the son of a quilter was taking a towel for a mat :) I saw this great I Spy pattern written up by Kathy Mack of Pink Chalk Fabrics for Craft Hope. I knew that I wanted to make one, but I made a few changes (as usual!) Check out the great FREE pattern!
Quilted in an allover stipple using variegated thread. I "enveloped this quilt and backed it with Minkee. I'm not thrilled with the result. As you can see the edges are pretty wavy. But little guy likes it and that's really what it's all about. I have a feeling it won't help him nap, though, in a room full of kids :)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

a towel!!! that would be silly. this quilt is adorable..he will be the envy of all the other nappers.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Good for you. Last year was nap mats for us, but we were told positively no blankets. Oh I know a quilt isn't a blanket, but the school was full of grown up meanies. No shock dd's at another school now.